About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Mawwiage...

"When are you going to get married?"

I swear, the next person to ask me that with the ever present "Utah tone" is going to get an earful. Here, the norm is for girls to be married no later than age 21, and guys, no later than 23. Even those ages are pushing it. Well, here I am, almost 28 and 100% single. No boyfriend, not even a date.

I've heard the "when?!" so often that I've come up with a few sarcastic responses.
"When my type of love is deemed legal."
"When your son asks."
"As soon as he beats this murder wrap."
And a few less than G-rated responses.

Anyhow, sarcasm aside, I've been thinking about why I can't keep a relationship, and I think I may have a few theories.

1~ Men are stupid- I said awhile ago that I don't make a good first impression, and well, it's still true. Guys see the freak on the first date and don't give me enough of a chance to be a real person.

2~ Who would want to?- There's a song I've loved since it came out called, Absolutely (Story of a Girl) by Nine Days. One line says, "How many lovers would stay just to put up with this shit day after day?" (Pardon the language) This is how I feel. Who would really stick around with all my moods?

3~ Maybe I'm not really ready- I'm still incredibly immature and like having my alone time. When I do start communicating with a guy, I think of it more as a chore than something fun.

Anyhow, this has just been annoying me for a long time. Feels good to get it off my chest.

Here's the official video to Absolutely (Story of a Girl) from YouTube (which apparently doesn't show up on some mobile phones, so try a computer).




No comments:

Post a Comment