About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Friday, October 17, 2014

(insert clever title here)

So, I just put a hole in my wall...

No, I'm not being metaphorical. I literally just kicked a hole in my wall. In my defense tho, it's a weak wall.

Why am I so upset? I wish I had the answer to that question. For the last couple of days, I've been seriously agitated and rather volatile. Today, however, I just... exploded. I guess it's like Old Faithful. The pressure builds and builds until... KABOOM!

This doesn't happen very often (thankfully), but when it does... watch out! Not gonna lie, it's pretty stereotypical. Hollywood has put this type of episode on the big screen more than a few times. What they don't get, however, is how truly rare it is for someone with Bipolar to explode.

I guess now would be a prefect segue... I've been wanting to talk about this for a while.

I've watched a few movies lately that have a character who supposedly has Bipolar Disorder, and they infuriate me. Here's why...

Manic: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (swoon!) has been committed to a treatment program after beating a kid near to death. One kid in the centre has Bipolar. He seems pretty normal on the scale. Ups, downs, etc. But who winds up being the homicidal one? You guessed it! The kid with Bipolar.

I can't think of the others right now and it's going to drive me crazy! But the character with Bipolar Disorder is always the homicidal one! This is far from reality. More often than not, if someone with the disorder is going to kill someone, it is going to be themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment