About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Just Call Me Fred

"I'm shy! I'm incredibly shy!"

First things first... Happy freaking Thanksgiving!

Now that that's out of the way... I have come to a rather sad realization today. Backstory: Today was a really good day. My family all got together (all 5 of us) and had a grand time. After dinner, my sister and I hung out a bit and just played around with online quizzes and drawing on the tablecloth (hey... you have your traditions, we have ours). Anyway, my brother-in-law's family has a tradition where they go bowling after their dinner and my family is always invited. Well, I decided to go and it was a disaster! I'm talking category 5 tornado!

I don't exactly like crowds to begin with, but having my sister there along with loads of people she knows and nobody I know just doesn't make me feel all warm and squishy inside. I've always kind of accepted that I'm the kind of girl who sits in the background, keeps her mouth shut, and prays nobody notices her; but today (here's my marvelous realization), I'm so shy that it's crippling.

I've never really thought that I was shy. I've always just said that I'm quiet. But it's way more than that. I don't just keep my mouth shut, it's kind of paralyzed and won't open. Then there's the whole "looking at the ground to avoid any and all eye contact" thing. Oh! And the fact that I keep my coat on indoors so as to have a quick escape. Yeah... cuz that doesn't make me look awkward or uncomfortable.

Well Fred, I feel ya.

Carol Burnett performing Shy from the musical Once Upon A Matress

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of you as shy all those years in Kappa, but I guess as we get older we change. I'm sorry tonight was rough but hey maybe nobody thought it was as bad as you did!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!-Cassie

    ReplyDelete