About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Retraction & Correction

I've been meaning to talk about this for awhile, but I'm not particularly in the mood to communicate, so bear with me.

One of my most read posts is my first one, entitled, "Bipolar 101." In it, I describe the different types of Bipolar and their symptoms (to a very small extent) rather sarcastically. Since then, I have learned that the DSM-5 has changed the major criteria for the types. Not having read the DSM-IV, I'm not sure what all has changed, but I now fall under Bipolar 1 with rapid cycling.

As I was reading my original post, I was mortified. I have learned a lot since then, and I truly apologize for passing off anyone's suffering in such a sarcastic, demeaning way. Not gonna lie though, "Cop Out" and "Cop Out: The Sequel" were still funny.

I am not an expert, nor have I ever claimed to be. I've lived with this pain all my 28 years, and I'm still learning new things. This horrible thing that has been bestowed on us is more complicated and difficult to sort out than tangled Christmas lights. I'm not sure anyone has all the answers. Not even the DSM-5. We are all different, so we experience everything differently. All we can do is generalize the big things and go from there.

I've said before that I imagine "normal" as basically emotionless. I posed the question to a new Twitter friend who said that, paraphrased, it's not having to take so many pills and deal with the side effects along with the symptoms. I'd really like to hear what you think "normal" is. Please feel free to leave your comments below or email me at bipolarexpressride@gmail.com.

I'm gonna go back into my hole now, and listen to this...

"Story Of My Life"~ One Direction

No comments:

Post a Comment