About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Babies

A good friend of mine had her second baby boy and I was lucky enough to visit them in the hospital. As I watched this three day old human, I wondered what his future would be. I know he's in great hands, though. He is truly loved.
 
Every baby is a new start, a new hope (enter Star Wars references here...). At least, that's what people say. I obviously wouldn't know...
 
Bad segue in 3... 2... 1...
 
Whenever people bring up the baby thing, I get some seriously judgmental looks when I say that I don't want any. It's not that I don't want kids, just that I don't want my own. I plan on doing the foster and adoption thing. Mental illnesses are genetic, and I refuse to be the cause of someone else's pain. If I foster/adopt a child with a mental illness, fine.
 
I honestly don't care what you or anyone thinks of my decision, I just know that there are plenty of kids who feel unwanted out there, and I want them.
 
That took a different turn than I was planning, so I'll just leave it here.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment