About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Just Can't Hide It

I've been doing a happy dance for near an hour!

Long story in 3... 2... 1...

I got a paper from the Department of Workforces saying that they'd gotten information on a change in my income. Confused, since I haven't worked since November, I called. I was then transferred to my case worker who neither answers her phone nor calls me back. Annoyed, I dragged my dad to the DWS office.

When we were finally able to get to talk to someone, he told me how to get a real person on the phone. After waiting four whole minutes listening to the same stupid thing repeat a billion times, I got said real person. I told her my problem with the paper and my case worker. She then, get this, transferred me back to the idiot case worker!

Now incredibly annoyed, I went back in line to talk to someone and was able to tell another person my long story. She gave me a paper to be filled out by my last employer stating that I'm no longer employed.

Here's where it gets good...

I took that paper to the human resources department at the school district. They looked me up and said that their system says I'm still employed. The principal never sent in a termination letter. I was told to call and have them do so.

When I called, I was able to talk to the principal, who, by the way, is awesome. I said, "Apparently you haven't sent in my termination letter. Of course, if you still need me then you wouldn't have to send it." She was all too happy to give me my job back and I start back tomorrow!!!

I'm so stinking excited!!!

I have a purpose again! A reason to get out of bed every day! A sense of self-worth!

"I'm So Excited"~ The Pointer Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment