About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, March 7, 2016

Dark and Light

Take THAT!

Last night, I tweeted a few things about how bad I was feeling and even my suicidal ideation. Today, someone got on my case and threatened to block me for it. When I tweeted that this guy had done that, I got so much support! Nobody could believe that anyone with a handle like @EndTheStigma_ie (feel free to block him) would do such a thing.

This comes after I got more support than I had expected on a suicidal Facebook rant. I got support from people I haven't seen or even really talked to in years!

My point: there's darkness. No need to deny it, we all know it's there because we all experience it. 

I posted on Facebook a while ago, saying...

"Just a note to those who make me smile in life or thru social media:

I know that it can be hard when you're surrounded by negativity. It can feel like you're the only one trying to stay positive and trying to lift others up. Negativity is like a black hole; it pulls you in with it and can swallow you whole. Just know that you are not unappreciated. Those of us who are incapable of finding the light in our perpetual darkness can see the light in you, and even if just for a moment, we aren't so alone, afraid, or lost. Sometimes all the darkness needs is a flicker of light. Thank you for being that light."

Now I dedicate this to those on Twitter who come to my rescue.

Short post today. No song. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment