About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Round Two

I'm so nervous that I'm not going to sleep well tonight.

So school starts up again tomorrow. As I'm sitting here in the dark of night, my stomach is tying itself into knots. I had to watch a few videos for my IT class and, well... I'm not holding my breath for a good grade. I'm a techno idiot so doing much of anything with computers is basically not going to happen. I mean, I can use my word processor and navigate the internet, but besides that, I'm way out of my league.

It's not just that class, though. I also have to take interpersonal communications. Yeah... communicating isn't my strong point. I write because I can't talk. Now if I just have loads of papers due, I'll manage, but from what I've heard, it's more oral presentations. I'm protected from those, thankfully, but I don't know if this teacher will work with me. Here's hoping.

Besides the scary classes, it's going to be all new people. I don't like new people. I don't like people. I hate having to get to know someone new and I generally just keep it light ("Hi. Nice day, right?" and "Did you get this question?"). People can usually sense this and leave me alone. This is both a good and bad thing. I mean, I like making friends, but I also like being by myself. I'm stuck in the middle of "I'm here!" and "Go away." The worst is when I have a friend who is constantly in need of attention and validation. If that's what you're looking for, I'm not your girl. I learnt to validate myself, you can, too.

So we'll see how tomorrow goes. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment