About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Dear Insurance Companies

How stupid can you get?

So, thanks to Medicare and my lack of choice in my own healthcare, my prescription plan changed companies. I’ve been cursed with Cigna, and oh my holy crap they’re stupid.

I was sent a list of the meds I take that told me which ones were and weren’t covered. One is an acne cream that is covered so long as I have a “taper plan”. So, you just expect my face to clear up after a couple months use and be fine after that? Makes perfect sense 🥴

My favorite, however, is quetiapine (generic Seroquel). It’s not covered because they seem to think that there’s something else that “works the same”. So, let me get this straight... You think that one psych med is the same as another? Why, then, are there so many? If one drug worked for everyone, that would be fine, but psych meds, which are extremely delicate in their balances, are not the same in the slightest. When you’ve found the magic mix, you can’t go playing with it because you don’t want to pay thirty cents more.

Shameless political plug: Medicare for all is not going to work unless you’re willing to pay $2,000 per month (or more) for medications that aren’t covered. Good luck with that.

In closing... Cigna, may you and your employees burn in the hell you’ve created for those who have had you thrown in their laps. I did not want you, I do not like you, please remove your head from the dark place it was obviously shoved up.

No comments:

Post a Comment