About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Manic Rise, Depressive Cries

"Bipolar"

Have I ever mentioned exactly how much I hate that word? That label? It's not natural, and it's sure not descriptive. Well, it is... when the weather changes or if you change your mind. Someone deemed this "politically correct" and suddenly it's not as scary or something? Do you know what the disorder used to be called? "Manic-Depressive." Now, I don't know about you, but I have exactly zero tolerance for political correctness. In fact, I make fun of those who insist on using politically correct terms in common language. So from now on, I have Manic-Depressive Disorder.

Sure it's not as neat and tidy, but exactly what part if the illness is? Best part: It can't be used as a verb by uneducated and just plain ignorant butt holes. "You changed your mind? You're bipolar." Not going to happen with Manic-Depressive. Sure, if mom or dad is angry one minute and happy the next, the ignorant butt holes of the world will still use it, but at least it's a known disorder instead of a legitimate word to describe the weather, the world, or a magnet.

I seriously wish I'd named this blog "Manic Rise, Depressive Cries." But alas, I'm stuck with it the way it is.

Bad segue in 3... 2... 1...

On a different note, I'm still sick. I've been on the steroid for six days now (I think), and the worst it's done has made me depressed. I'm not biting at every little annoyance like I thought I would. Though the loudmouth in class got me to say "shut up" at least fifteen times.

Last night was the absolute worst. I was both physically and emotionally drained. I couldn't see even a flicker of light at the end of this tunnel, but today is much better. Why? Because I took my new best friend, Mr. Decongestant. Remember kids, steroids are downers, and decongestants are uppers. Taken together, you'll be pretty even. Unless I'm just weird and super sensitive to medications...

No comments:

Post a Comment