About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Orthopedics

Nope. Not happening.

About five years ago, I went through a hell worse than anything I've ever known to fix my right leg. I was born with both of my legs twisted, which caused me quite a bit of trouble throughout the years. My right one was, by far, worse than my left. On December 19, 2010, I (ok, my parents) actually paid a doctor to break my bone, twist it, shove a rod down it, and pin it in five places. I spent eight weeks dependent on a wheelchair and crutches, and the next few months were spent relearning how to walk. Exactly thirteen months later on January 19, 2012, I had to have my Achilles tendon lengthened. When my bone was twisted, it pulled my Achilles so far that I couldn't stand flat-footed. Once again, I spent time dependent on the wheelchair and crutches and had to, again, relearn to walk.

I was talking to my therapist about this and how my symptoms seemed to blow out of proportion right after the first surgery. She wasn't surprised and explained how a physical trauma like that can definitely have a negative impact. I've always heard that "everyone has their breaking point," and I guess that was mine.

About a week ago, I twisted my right knee and it has been killing me ever since. I managed to get in to see a surgeon, but A~ I'm always nervous with new surgeons, and B~ I really don't want another surgery. I know there's something wrong because it keeps giving out and hurts like mad, but I'm actually scared of having another surgery. I mean, I had countless procedures before these last two, but nothing affected me like they did. I can't even look at a wheelchair without my heart jumping.

"Doctor Jones"~ Aqua

No comments:

Post a Comment