About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Friday, April 17, 2015

What A Day

Yesterday was rather interesting...

If you read yesterday's post, you'll know that I'm still manic. As such, Most of yesterday was a bit of a mystery. I couldn't handle it and had to call my mother home from work.

Once I finally managed to stop crying, we went to get something to eat. When we got back, my dad came up with some research he had done on naturopathic remedies. I'm always skeptical of things like that because, well, I'm not a hippie (that's how I see it anyway. I know some of those things actually work for some), but he mentioned this therapy light thing that I've heard about before and I got pretty excited. I've seen them and talked to people who use them and it's all good news, so we went to get one.

Then we moved on to possibly my favorite thing on the planet: books. A while ago, I was looking through the bookstore and found a couple of Anxiety books I wanted but couldn't get right then. Well, I finally got them! "Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness" by Gillian Butler, and "The Anxiety Workbook" by David A. Clark, PhD & Aaron T. Beck, MD.

As you can imagine, this sent me from "crying and irritable" straight to "flying high," but the day wasn't over just yet. The Sizzler was helping the Salt Lake City Police Department with their "Cops for Kids" fundraiser. Side note: We didn't actually know this before deciding to go there. The parking lot was packed! I could just imagine the crowd inside and it automatically sent alarms to my brain. When we got in there, we were told exactly what this was. The cops would be our wait staff and all the tips would go to the Juvenile Justice Centre. It was actually a lot of fun (mostly)!

Being out that much and around that many people is never a good idea for me, so all through dinner, I had the ever lovely psychomotor agitation. When I finally got home, I turned on my Wii and started boxing. Seriously, if you have energy, box. Tennis is a good idea as well!

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that I'm actually going to look for a naturopath. Yep... the most skeptical girl on the planet is going to try not being hopped up on medication. This'll go well...

Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day, so instead of my usual musical addition, there's this:


From "Schindler's List"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment