About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Psychiatric "Care"

I give...

When I finally got Medicaid (despite not being single and pregnant), I was so excited because I hadn't been able to see a doctor regularly in over two years, but now it's nothing but frustration.

The psychiatric clinic I finally found in my area told me that Medicaid required an evaluation before beginning treatment, so I wasted two hours and did as I was told. Afterward, I was told that the psychiatrists needed to review the notes from the evaluation before I could be "assigned to a psychiatrist." A week later, I got a call to set up an appointment with the doctor they deemed best for me. I took the first available appointment which wasn't until, get this, a month and a half later!

I've been basically off any form of medication for months, and they want me to wait even longer?! I called the God-sent free clinic I had been going to and asked if they could give me anything to get me through. The dim-witted "doctor" they gave me to (once the one I had seen moved on) could not grasp the concept that, no, I hadn't filled the prescription she gave me last time because I told her countless times that I'd already been on that and it didn't work (run on sentence...)! So what does she do? She calls in the same freaking thing!!!

I've missed so much work in the last couple of months that I'm actually afraid of losing my job. All because nobody seems to understand that when someone says they need medication now, they need it now.

Suicide rates in the US, Utah specifically, have been rising for years, and this is a big reason why.

"Rescue"~ The Summer Set

No comments:

Post a Comment