About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, April 27, 2015

So Many Thoughts

This is hard...

I've been asked to write my story to post in someone else's blog (major cool, by the way!), and it's bringing things up that I really wish would just stay where I've kept them, so very well hidden.

I've been incredibly off lately. I've said and done things that are so far from my norm that I'm actually questioning myself. I don't like myself right now. I mean, not that I'm ever my own best friend, but it's much worse lately. Because of this, I'll be deleting and/or editing some recent posts. Actually, it's because some people got their knickers in a twist.

Time to be completely open... Yes, it annoys me that, as a white American, I'm not allowed to voice my pride in my ancestry. Everyone should be allowed to be proud of themselves for who they are and where they come from. Being proud of being Dutch/Irish/French/pretty much anything without an actual skin tone, does not in any way qualify me as racist. If you think it does, then you need to reevaluate your definition. To be honest, if I was anything besides white, nothing I say would be considered racist. You know it's true, so suck it up and move on.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programme.

Not one single paragraph in this post corresponds with any other, so this would be a good time to say that it's been fun, but I can't concentrate any longer. Here's a song...

"Church Of The Poison Mind"~ Culture Club

No comments:

Post a Comment