About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Not Qualified

Wait, what?

I've been looking for a job for the summer, and it's absolutely ridiculous. Every part-time job I look at, requires at least two years of college (or similar experience...?). Some say they require a bachelor's degree for an entry level position! To do what?! Type things into a computer?!

Then there's the language issue. It's considered discrimination to say "must speak English," but not discrimination to say "must be bilingual Spanish?" Umm...

I've started looking at writing jobs just to see what's out there. Without a degree in journalism, I'm basically stuck with social media and apparently must "eat, sleep, live social media." Not quite sure how you eat social media...

Basically, without a Ph. D. and fifty years experience, I'm stuck with retail or call centers. I've done my time at both. I've lost it at both. I've quit both (a few times). I can't handle them because of all the people. Even the school is too social for me.

I'm at a loss. When in the process of applying for disability benefits, they pose the question, "is there any other type of work you can do?" The answer is technically yes, but without the degree and experience, I'm not even qualified to file paperwork.

"Take This Job And Shove It"~ Johnny Paycheck

No comments:

Post a Comment