About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Thursday, April 2, 2015

I'll Pencil It In

Explosion is imminent...

A couple of weeks ago, my therapist told me something that honestly weirded me out a bit. She told me that she schedules time to worry. She told me that, during this time, she over dramatizes and forces herself to actually worry. She said she does it because worrying at work is not at all helpful, but she's a natural worrier and needs to release it so it doesn't build up. This got me thinking... What if I designated a time to cry?

I can't even remember how many times I've said or typed that I don't cry in front of people. My therapist actually called me on it once. We were talking about something and I started fighting it back, as per usual. Well, it builds and builds and comes out all at once along with the anger and sadness that I push down along with the tears. This is never a pretty sight, and it feels much worse than it looks. So maybe, just maybe, if I set a time to release all the pent up tension, this wouldn't happen.

Now comes the hard part... how exactly do I schedule that? I mean, right now I'm in a fantastic mood. Then, I'm always in a good mood when I get new music. Side note: Ships Have Sailed is an amazing band with two incredible albums! Go check em out! It's not like I can just decide to be upset any more than I can decide to get out of a funk and be happy. Then it hit me: music. I've got more music than most people even know exists. There's got to be something that can depress me enough to get it out, right? Side note: As December Falls is also an amazing band with some incredible music! Check them out, too!

So now my mission is to go through my iPod and find things that may work. If you don't hear from me within a week, call the authorities; I may have forgotten to eat. Well, that, or I just have nothing to say...

And now, I give you my new obsession...

"Midnight"~ Ships Have Sailed

2 comments:

  1. My natural tendency is to worry during waking periods at night. These worries are generally gone with the light of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My natural tendency is to worry during waking periods at night. These worries are generally gone with the light of day.

    ReplyDelete