About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tried. Failed. Next?

Bite me.

Have you ever read those articles about how exercising when you're depressed can help? And have you ever actually attempted exercising when you're depressed? If so, how did that go? For me, it's actually quite infuriating.

Exercise doesn't take many brain cells and it allows your mind to run free (at least the exercises that people not obsessed with the gym can do), so everything I've held down starts to come up along with everything I didn't even know I've held down. It's especially angering because I've struggled with weight management for a few years and I want the weight to all come off after ten minutes of walking. Side note: After that ten minutes, I reward myself with cookies. Not the best idea, but sure tasty! Side note to the side note: I don't eat a lot, but nothing I eat has any level of nutritional value. Hence the weight struggles.

Now, when I'm manic and have all that excess energy and I've already cleaned the entire house with a toothbrush, I'll get out my step exercise... thing (I don't know what it's called. Judge me.) and spend anywhere between two and thirty minutes at it and I'm perfectly fine.

Side note: I've got a cut on my arm and have no idea where I got it...

I had a point, I just don't remember it... Oh yeah! Not everything that professionals say is going to work for everyone. I've tired just about everything "they" say to do and most of it doesn't work for me. On the flip side, what works for me may not work for you. I'd be interested to know what does and doesn't work for you (I know that most people won't leave comments here, but I'm gonna ask anyway.), so let me know!

"Physical"~ Olivia Newton-John

No comments:

Post a Comment