About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Shh... Listen

Naturally.

So my parents have callings in their church and they talk about it all. the. time. When we sit down to dinner? They're talking about it. Trying to watch a movie? Something will pop into their heads and we have to pause the movie to talk about their callings. My favourite is when they sit there and repeat the exact same conversation they'd just had not one hour ago. 

I pointed this out to them tonight. They don't believe me. 

I get it. It's a part of their lives. I'll tell you this much, if I talked about my mental illnesses that much, they'd get real tired of it, real quick. And why shouldn't I? It's not just part of my life, it's part of me!

Best part is when either one of them starts repeating the same thing for the fourth or fifth time and I say "I know. You already told me." Suddenly I'm the bad guy and they get all huffy.

I don't talk much. Considering that I come from a very talkative family,  that's not terribly normal. But you know what? I've got more to say than people realise. I've just learned to shut up because nobody listens to me.  They're all too busy talking about their work or their callings to listen to the few words I have to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment