About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Friday, August 8, 2014

It's in the stars

So, I was playing around online, and came across this article by Huffington Post about stars with bipolar disorder. I knew about a few, like Catherine Zeta-Jones and Demi Lovato, but I'd never heard the things any of them said about having it or going public with it so this was particularly interesting.

Lark Voorhies (Saved By The Bell) ~ She herself has never said it, but her mother has.

Demi Lovato~ "I feel like it's no coincidence that God put me through all of this and has also given me the voice that I have. I feel like my purpose on earth is much greater than just being a singer, a musician or actress. I think it's to reach out to people and to raise awareness of these issues that not many people speak about."

Catherine Zeta-Jones~ "There is no need to suffer silently."

Michael Angelakos (Passion Pit)~ (After having to cancel many shows on the band's tour) "... people don't understand this. People don't understand that it's not just debilitating; it's all-encompassing."

Carrie Fisher~ "At times, being bipolar can be an all-consuming challenge, requiring lots of stamina and even more courage, so if you're living with this illness and functioning at all, it's something to be proud of, not ashamed of."

There were others, but these few really stood out to me. Ms. Voorhies is apparently in denial, like I used to be. Ms. Lovato feels she has a greater purpose in this, as I'm beginning to. Ms. Zeta-Jones is saying what I've tried to. Mr. Angelakos just says it all. Ms. Fisher gives me hope.

My hope is that someone searching for answers will see this and find a few. That's why I started this blog. If you know someone who could use a few sarcastic words about dealing with things not asked for, please share this. I don't care about how many views this gets. I don't make any money off it. I just want to help at least one person.

Keep on functioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment