About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Sad Songs

I thought this was supposed to ease.

My grandma passed two weeks ago, but every time I walk outside, it hits me all over again. Since she lived next door, I see her house every day. It's not the house that hurts, it's the fact that she's not in it.

I do okay until something reminds me of her or that she's gone. Saturday morning, my mom was playing around on the piano, and started playing "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Phantom of the Opera. It took everything I had to not completely break down. Later, I asked her to pick a random number and I would play the corresponding song on my phone. Number one hundred was "With You In Your Dreams" by Hanson.

Yesterday, I woke up to see a large moving trailer in her driveway. Needless to say, I was in a much-less-than-good mood the rest of the day.

I went into her backyard and took some pictures. Mostly, I just wanted to be close to her again. There are no words to describe the pain of losing a loved one. If you've been through it, I am so, so sorry.

I've been holding it in for too long. I'm going to listen to all the songs that make me think of her and just let it out. You can listen along, if you like. Here they all are:

"Another Set Of Wings"~ A Rocket To The Moon


"Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Phantom of the Opera
"With You In Your Dreams"~Hanson
"There You'll Be"~ Faith Hill
"Over You"~ Miranda Lambert
"Come Wake Me Up"~ Rascal Flatts
"The Day I Died"~ Five For Fighting

No comments:

Post a Comment