About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Bout Time

Sad, but seriously relieved!

The narc has a 1970 Pontiac GTO. It died in October 2001, and has been sitting in the driveway, ever since. Nineteen years. In those years, a lovely community of moss grew, countless wasps have made a home in mystery spots, and we made a game of finding rusted pieces that had fallen off. The vinyl roof was gone long ago.

Mom and I have been trying to convince it to sell the thing, but always got the response of, “It’s a dream”. Yeah... a dream. Not ever going to be a reality. Ever.

Very suddenly, it decided to sell it. I suck at keeping track of time, but it’s been maybe a month. Today, the classic was taken away. It was sold to a nice guy who is going to fix it up. He even said he’d let us come look at it, and keep track of the renovations! 

This is the car I spent my childhood in. It drove me to and from school, dance classes/performances/competitions, and is what I took my first clarinet home in. Ah... memories. 

Enjoy some pictures of our dear rust-bucket...















And the moss I mentioned...




No comments:

Post a Comment