About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, November 2, 2020

Fake Is Fake

“Fake it till you make it”

We’ve all heard the line. It’s overused, and frankly, it’s tired. We’ve heard it from so many people, who all seem to have a PhD in psychology, based on their survival of a hard day. Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s 100% crap.

Do you know what happens when you fake it? You wind up doing far more damage, and not helping yourself, at all. Think of it this way: You’re driving, out in the middle of nowhere. No towns, no other traffic, just you. Suddenly, your car breaks down. What now? Can you fake it till you make it? No. You need both the tools and the knowledge, or you’re just gonna break it further.

I’ve been having a particular difficult time, lately, and I have exactly zero idea why. Literally everything is irritating. No, I’m not manic. I have no other symptoms of mania. I just feel completely done with things.

Today, it seemed as if everything I touched, I dropped. Every time I moved, I smacked some body part into something much harder than I am. I have bruises all over my body, just from today. 

Oh! The best part of today was when I screwed up, not once, but twice. And these screw-ups weren’t minor, no... I went all out for these mistakes. I told my manager what I’d done, and he was entirely unconcerned, except when it came to how I was. I had to laugh when he said I looked like I was going to cry. Yeah... That’s literally how I look all... the... time... 

Anyhow, don’t let people tell you to “fake it till you make it”, because it can, and most definitely will, blow up in your face. If you have a problem, ask a licensed professional for tips and tricks that can help you. Apply those tools every chance you get. I can promise you, though it may take years, with practice, and unfailing willpower, anything is possible. I mean, three years ago, I couldn’t step out on my front porch without someone going with me. Now, I’m working, running my own errands, and actually enjoying life! 

It may take you longer, or it may take you less time. Don’t be in a rush. Healing takes its own sweet time, and your journey is purely your own. Don’t judge your progress based on someone else’s. Do you, your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment