About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Realization And Addition

Sometimes, what I want to say, isn’t what comes out.

My last post was dedicated to my amazing friends; one of whom was not properly described, and many were left out, completely. So, today, I’ll fix that.

Ms K, I am so sorry that I didn’t elaborate on who you are, and why you are amazing! This wonderful woman, who has been by my side for over twenty-five years, is the biggest contradiction. She is the kindest, most soft-spoken woman... until she needs to kick some major tush. She can go from screaming at a bully, to comforting her friend, in a millisecond. She is most definitely not afraid to face any roadblock she comes to. Moving family, home, and life with each military transfer? Conquered. Fighting literally anything? Grand champion! Basically, Wonder Woman in disguise. No lie.

I have quite a few other people I am lucky enough to call friends. No, I’m not best friends with them all, but we all know we’re all there for each other.

I’ve got a friend in Ogden, Utah, who is freaking amazing. Beautiful, inside and out, and one of the strongest wills I’ve seen. Empath, mother, friend. 

I have a friend who frankly makes me wicked jealous. In high school, she was a beautiful dancer, and could do anything choreography asked! Now, she’s a computer whiz, kicking butt and taking names!

There’s an awesome woman in a small town, whose husband became a doctor. While he was doing his doctor... training... stuff, she was raising a houseful of boys. They have all boys, still. I’m sure some of you can understand how young boys can be. The way this woman finds humor in absolute disasters... Wow! That’s an incredible trait!

There’s one lady, in particular, who never ceases to amaze me. She can’t have the one thing she wants, but the way she gives back to those who can... I’m in constant awe. We only went to school together for one year, but we still talk.

I have a friend, whom I have been talking with since the days of MySpace, but I’ve never gotten a chance to meet her. The funny part about that is, she even lived right near me for a bit. Anyhow, this mini powerhouse went through a sudden event in her life that she kept standing through. To give you an idea, this woman has over 1,500 Facebook friends. She has affected each one, and thanks to her being a first responder (at least, used to be), has affected thousands more.

Sorry if I didn’t get you in this post. Just know that, even though we don’t talk all the time, I am so blessed to have you as my friend. 

Thank you, all. Thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment