About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I've Had My Moments

Just out of curiosity...

I get at least one headache per day. They're not always debilitating, but they're still there. So what I'm wondering is if my headaches could possibly be attributed to my mental illnesses. It's kind of a stretch, but I'd really like to know.

Bad segue in 3... 2... 1...

We got dumped on by a snow storm Sunday night/Monday morning. I had to get to my therapy appointment in my car that hates snow. It's a front wheel drive. Well, I missed the turn onto the street I needed and decided to just flip a U-turn on the next street. Bad idea. My front wheel drive got the front wheels stuck in the gutter. I couldn't get out, and trying just made my tires burn. Side note: burning tires stink! I called my dad to come get me out, and less than a minute later, a miracle happened. A guy in a pick-up pulled up next to me and asked if I needed a push. I hit reverse while he pushed, and I was able to get out!

I tell you this because I've lost a lot of faith in people. Anymore, people would rather look blankly at their phone than even acknowledge your existence. Most people, from what I've experienced, are self-centered. I'm not saying everyone is like this, or even that I'm not like this, but just in general. This guy helped me out completely selflessly. He didn't want a reward. All he was concerned about was that I got out of my predicament.

The point I was trying to make before I got distracted is that you never know what your kindness can do for someone. I've been feeling pretty low lately, and this guy's kindness made me think differently.

Another kindness was about a week ago. I hit a super low point and took to twitter to say that I wanted to die. Two complete strangers talked me down. It's amazing how someone you don't even know can make your life so much better.

Be that stranger.

"Moments"~ Emerson Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment