About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Work In Progress

One week...

I've got one week left of work for this school year and I've got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I'm going to miss some of those little bugs; on the other hand, my stress levels will significantly lower.

I want to work. I really do. I just can't handle it right now. Maybe if I had a two or three day a week job things would be different. Just four hours per day. Something to keep my mind busy, you know? As much as I love being with these kids, it's mind numbing. Sure I've got my music on, but I'm not actually doing anything.

I'm afraid to find something for the summer because I don't exactly have the best track record of actually going  to work, but again, maybe if it were two or three days per week, I could probably do that.

Another problem with finding something else is that, for one, it'll have to be retail. That means dealing with people. The second issue is that, I'm 29 years old. At my age, most people want forty hours a week, so managers automatically schedule that. I want a maximum of twelve hours. Sure, I have the right to tell them I'm mentally ill, but as we've all experienced, that freaks people out and they tend to not want to hire you.

So you see my dilemma...

Anyhow, if you in the Salt Lake Valley know of anything, Please let me know. All others are welcome to give me any advice on getting just a few hours without freaking anyone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment