About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

No Year’s Resolutions

Nope. Nuh-uh. Not gonna happen.

First off... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Now, every year, people all over the world make New Year’s resolutions. “I’m going to lose 100 pounds!” “I’m going to read 1,000 books!” “I’m going to meet Mr/Ms Right and get married!”

In reality, 99% will fail to complete these extreme and unrealistic goals. This results in negative thoughts and depression. Even if we set a reasonable goal, like keeping a certain area clean, we ultimately have our habits, and changing those is stupid hard.

Yes, habits can be changed, but I’ve noticed in my own life, and the lives of friends and family, that many of our habits are for self-preservation. Personally, I find cleaning cathartic. You probably wouldn’t know that if you walked into my house, but there’s a reason behind that. I intentionally allow my space to collect garbage and such so that I have something to clean when I need it. Sound ridiculous? Yeah... it does to me, too. 

Back on point: If you make resolutions, I pray you are able to complete them to your liking, and that you have the support you need to achieve your goals. If you choose to not make them, that doesn’t mean you can’t decide on July 27th (or any other day)  to start making a change. Do you, your way. Don’t let any person, thing, or tradition tell you how to improve you.

Improvements are on your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment