About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Wait, What?

I missed announcing my 200th post! This is my 203rd, so I guess it's close enough.

Oh.

I have a tendency to not notice things. Like, when I was a senior in high school, I took my dad's old video camera to school. This was a model circa 1998. While I was using it, some snobbish girl laughed and said, "That thing is huge." I looked at it and with no understanding why she would say this, I said, "No it's not." I didn't think it was that big. It's not like it required its own zip code.

Then there's music. I've said before how I have more music than most people know exists, but 99.9% of the time, I cannot tell you what genre something is. I only know when iTunes tells me.

The biggest, and usually most embarrassing thing I don't notice, is people's race. I have a friend who, after I'd known her for quite a while, had to point out why she hates wearing her glasses. She's part Asian and her nose doesn't hold the glasses up. I had no idea.

Why do I not notice these things? Because I frankly don't care. I'm proud of my possessions, no matter how outdated. I like music, not genres. And I only care about how a person treats others.

Side note: I've written this whole thing on my phone while waiting for a doctor, so forgive the lack of musical punctuation that I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment