About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, September 21, 2015

Brain-To-Mouth

The never-ending stream of stupidity continues.

I have a tendency to say incredibly stupid things without thinking. I call it my "lack of a brain-to-mouth filter." It's when the words come out of my mouth before I even realize that I've thought of them.

Last week, a couple of people I know came to help me paint my bedroom. Now, these two people are quite possibly the least judgmental people I've met (and a freakishly cute couple!). You know when you meet someone and know right off the bat that they're a good person? It doesn't happen to me very often, but these two just ooze acceptance. Even with that, I still don't know them very well and wound up with vocal vomit. I couldn't stop talking no matter how hard I tried. They just smiled and tried to keep up with my speeding thought train as best they could. I hope they know how grateful I am.

A couple days ago, my mom and I went to IKEA. We were trying to find our way out of the senseless maze. We found a gate and were told we could go out that way. I pushed and pushed, but the gate didn't move. When the worker told me to pull, I said "I'm a natural blonde," and laughed. Only after I'd lost sight of her did I realize that she was blonde.

This happens most when I'm manic or what I call "situationally manic." Side note: Yes, I know it's not a word, but I use it anyway. That's when I'm in a depression or mixed state but something happens to temporarily boost my mood. I have absolutely no idea how to make it stop and would give my first-born for a cure.  My kingdom for a cure!

"My Stupid Mouth"~ John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment