About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Brain Hurts

 Medicaid. The pain in so many butts.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many people not on proper medications? Yes, there are those who refuse to take them, but there are also those of us with no choice.

Allow me to 'splain...

I was going to one psychiatrist for a while, but she didn't listen to me when I said, "I can't take that because I'm allergic to it," and prescribed it anyway. So, annoyed with that one, I moved to another who actually listened to me! She gave me something I'd never tried and seemed to work. Well... until today. I had to postpone the follow-up appointment I'd set and was put three weeks out. I have no refills on my meds. I can't get hold of anyone whose head isn't shoved up their... anyway... I called a new place that does both therapy and med management. Here's the kicker: I have to have an initial intake appointment where this one person who has known me for twenty whole minutes will assign me a therapist. I then have to see this therapist for four weeks before I can get medications.

I got Medicaid so I could get my mental wellbeing in check, not so I could go to doctors who don't care and prescribe whatever comes to their mind first. I have found an incredible Allergist, General Practitioner, and OB/GYN on Medicaid, but I have yet to find a good Psychiatrist.

On the bright side: My friend in England sent me a pic from out her window! My only life's wish is to go to England.

"English Girls"~ The Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment