About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Yep.

I'm in a bit of a manic state, and by "bit" I mean "I'm about to rip my hair out." I'm weaning myself off my meds because the idiot "doctor" won't answer mine or my pharmacy's calls for a refill. I finally found something that works and doesn't give me all the serious side effects, and now I have to stop taking it because I'm "just mentally ill."

I have a theory that every psychiatrist is just in it for the money. I have yet to find a Doctor of Psychiatry who gives two cents about me. I had an APRN once who was fantastic, but she's not covered through the ever useless Medicaid.

Once I've weaned myself off of my remaining meds, I have to wait a few more weeks (at best) to get new ones. Why? Because this new clinic requires that I see whichever therapist they deem best for me a few times before meds can be prescribed. I've heard this from quite a few clinics.

Mental illnesses are not among the "can survive on over-the-counter medications until I can see a doctor" illnesses; they're the "I need steady meds so that both of us live through the night" illnesses. You'd think that someone who went through four years of undergrad, four years of med school, and however many years of residency would understand this concept, but alas, the stupid in some people runs deep.

"Heard It All Before"~ As December Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment