About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, November 29, 2015

*Grumble*

Oh, Utah...

People tend to have quite a few assumptions about Utah. The main stereotype is Mormons. Yes, I've heard all the jokes. No you don't have anything new. To be fair, there are quite a few here, but if you're thinking polygamy, you need to do your research. Warren Jeffs and whatnot are their own church- the FLDS.

Having grown up in this religion, I've learned one thing: Utah Mormons are the absolute worst sort of people. Here are people who will give to charity, read scripture daily, and look at you in disgust if you're not wearing the latest styles at church. And heaven forbid you dye your hair! I'm not stylish, I'm not particularly "girly," and at the moment, my bangs are turquoise.

On the other side of the mirror are the non-LDS (yes, that's what we call the people here who aren't members of the LDS church.) To be "in" with that crowd, you must talk like a drunken sailor on leave while chain-smoking and downing a bottle of Jack. That may be going a bit far, but you get my point. 

Yes, there are the "in betweens," but finding them is difficult. I'm one of them. Yes, I go to church. No, that doesn't mean I'm necessarily "chruchy."

My point is, everyone looks down on someone, and I'm tired of it. Why can't people just be themselves and not have to worry about fitting in? So I dye my hair. Does that make me a bad Christian? So you have tattoos. Does that make you a bad person? The answer to both is a huge, resounding NO.

Whining over.

"What If"~ Five For Fighting

No comments:

Post a Comment