About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Acceptance

"You can't say things like that." "Stop doing that." "You're destructive."

You name it, I've heard it. All my life people have made it very clear that who I am is not okay. The best part? I agree with them almost every time they call me something. It's a poorly crafted defence mechanism. Makes it so they don't see how badly it hurt.

From arguments on Facebook to sideways looks out in public, my friends make it clear that I'm not "how I should be." Now, I do have a couple friends who accept every part of me, but they don't live in state.

I've always been very accepting of others and never judged behaviour that the rest of the world would find abnormal, so I simply can't understand why I'm judged for being me. I try to conform, but my mouth always lands me in trouble. Half the time I don't know what's coming out until I've said it. It's not my fault. My brain simply works differently than other's. Sometimes I could swear I'm on the Autism spectrum.

I don't take criticism well. I never have. I blame Brioke and her band if bi----s. Well, and my sister. All these people do is criticise me and attack me as a person. I've never been okay enough for them and I've come to accept that my sister will never accept me. I just wish my friends and family, of all people, would accept me as a whole like I accept them.

No comments:

Post a Comment