About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, June 23, 2014

You mean it's not just me?

Ok. Today has sucked more than a black hole and I really don't know why. Well... I do, but it's just frustrating.

I just went to Costco with my family and the whole time I just wanted to pick something up and throw it. Mostly because punching people can land you in jail. Everything was just jumping on my last nerve with cleats! If somebody didn't move fast enough. If someone talked to me. If someone sneezed. Everything!

Now, the way I was raised has made it so I don't really show emotion. I can count on one hand the number of people outside my family who have seen me cry, and nobody outside has seen me throw a proper fit. Not even my best friends. I mean, hardly anyone knew I was dealing with this until I posted this blog on my Facebook page. Anyhow... Lately I've been less tuned in to being "normal." If I'm freaking out (for lack of a better term), it's fairly obvious when I reset. I'll shut my eyes tight, clench my mouth and teeth, make a fist, and take a deep breath or two. 

Anyway, as I've become more open with this, even the last few days, I've been noticing other people more. If you watch people, I mean really watch them, you'll notice that everyone resets in some way or another. The mother with a crying kid, the stressed out business man on the phone, and the people who look like they have it all together.

Everyone is going through something that the rest of us don't know about. Be patient. Be kind.



No comments:

Post a Comment