About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Friday, May 3, 2024

Absolutely Livid

Beyond infuriating.

When I had to stop working last November, I went back on disability. The pennies they give me per month is, as my grandmother put it, "Not enough to live on, too much to die on".

Utah, in its infinite stupidity, has decided that the income limit for Medicaid is three hundred dollars a month less than my disability, so I don't qualify. This leaves me with Medicare. I'll say it again, these "Medicare for all" people should definitely have to try to live on it. They'd change their tune within a month.

My doctor appointments are billed to me over a hundred dollars. Each. My therapy that I have to do to continually prove my inability to work? Over twenty dollars per week.

"That's not bad" you say? Allow me to elaborate...

I have a car loan. That car requires the payment of insanely priced car insurance, ever-rising yearly taxes, hideous gas prices, and periodic maintenence. That, alone, takes most of my monthly check. 

I have other responsibilities I must pay, which leave me literal PENNIES a month leftover. But the state thinks I can pay for my healthcare. I've been very ill for a freakishly long time, but I can't afford to see a doctor about it.

There's a whole political rant this could go into (FJB!!!), but I'd rather my blog not get "cancelled" by the bleeding hearts who don't understand basic economics, let alone the American Constitution. Suffice it to say that citizens aren't priority to that side of the line.

Yes, I'm trying VERY hard to get a job, but A- my brain hasn't calmed yet, and B- have you seen the market? It's brutal out there! If you're looking for work, godspeed. 

~End rant~


No comments:

Post a Comment