About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, August 8, 2016

Utah

And this, ladies and gents, is why I don't participate in church activities.

Utah Mormons are the absolute worst sort of people. They're judgemental, they have a "holier than thou" attitude, and if you don't fit into one of their little cliques, you're out on your butt. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

In our church, we have activities every Monday evening. I never go to these because I know exactly how it'll turn out. I'll wind up talking to someone for a whole two minutes before someone shinier than I am comes along and takes that person's attention. I got weaselled into going last night and guess what happened. Yup. Two whole minutes then poof! I no longer exist. I don't have any friends in the church and I fit in to exactly zero cliques. I'm never more suicidal than when I'm at church or church functions.

I hate Utah, I loathe Utah Mormons, and I understand why so many people leave the church. 

I had the opportunity to visit a church in San Diego a few years back with some friends and the differences were astounding! They said "hello" to us, invited us in, and even talked to us!

Now, I'm not saying this is all Utah Mormons. Just 99.9% of them. I've got one person in my church who will talk to me, but she's obligated to be more social, so she can't always be with me.


Short post, but everything else I could say would just be reiterating what I've just said, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment