About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Friday, July 18, 2014

1... 2... 3...

Ok. I want to know who started the idea of counting sheep to fall asleep. I mean, doesn't counting keep you focused on something therefore keeping you awake? And why sheep?

So, something I have loads of trouble with is sleep. I can be completely knackered (like right now), but can't sleep no matter what I do. Nothing works. Counting sheep, trying to will myself into it, not even the heaviest sleeping pills work. No matter how tired I am, I'll just lie in bed, mind racing. On the flip side, there are times when I'm so tired that I can sleep for 16 hours. Neither is particularly fun.

But, as you've probably guessed, my sleeping pattern is based on my mood. When I can't sleep, it's not your typical insomnia (which I'm eternally grateful for!), it comes from the mania side. And when I sleep too much, it's not because I'm lazy, it's because I'm going through a depression.

I've spent the last week or so sleeping between 14 and 18 hours per day. I didn't want to get out of bed at all, but I did. I didn't really have much of a choice. I don't live in a hotel with room service and bedpans kind of freak me out. BUT... now I'm on the flip side and can't sleep despite being, like I said, completely knackered.

If anyone has any suggestions on a more even sleep pattern, I'd love to hear it! I'll try just about anything. Until then... 1 sheep... 2 sheep... 3 sheep... oh screw it. I'm going to go watch Doctor Who.

Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment