About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Thorns suck, but the Rose makes it worthwile

I just did something I have never been able to do before. I was able to email someone who also has Bipolar Disorder. Someone who knows how I think and feel. I think I may cry I'm so happy!

So, I know there are people out there who know all this, but I've never been able to talk to any of them! I've recently found out that I have a few friends with it also, but to be honest, it's a bit weird talking to them about it. I don't know why... it just is.

You may ask, "who is this mystery person?" (Alright. Let's face it, you weren't thinking that at all. But you are now! HA! I win!) She is the mother of a new friend of mine. I couldn't actually talk to her because she lives in England. But emails are almost as good!

Some of you may be wondering why this is such a big deal to me. Think of Helen Keller. She lived in a world completely isolated. People were always trying to make her understand things, but it never took. Then one day, she realised that the hand signs meant something. It's just like that for me. I've lived my whole life knowing that I'm different than everyone else. I've heard and read about others dealing with this, but it never truly sank in until I heard that my friend's mother has this as well.

I've never had a real support. I mean, my family and friends are great! But they can only sympathize, not empathize.

My point really is that, nobody should do this alone. Find someone who knows how you feel. A therapist, a friend, or even just a random blog you come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment