About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Friday, October 4, 2019

Passing Up, Or Passing On?

Backstory:


Growing up, my neighbourhood had a thing during October that was an absolute blast. You’d hear a knock on the door, but when you opened up, you’d find a treat, a picture of a ghost, and instructions. You were to put the picture in your window to mark that you’d been “had,” and drop treats at 2 other neighbours in the same way.


This is the most basic way things are spread. You have the opportunity every single day to pass along a simple kindness. With social media, you don’t even have to leave your house. 


You never know how far your kindness can go. A compliment, a greeting, holding the door for someone. Nothing is ever too small.


Now, I know country music isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but this song is everything I’m trying to express here...


No comments:

Post a Comment