About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Repeating History

I’d welcome you back, but I’d really like to sleep.

Before I was properly medicated, I’d go days, sometimes weeks, without much sleep. Sometimes I’d get none at all during that time. It’s been quite some time, now, that I’ve been sleeping. How normal my schedule has been is up for debate; sometimes sleeping too much, odd hours, or surviving on just seven hours with meds that knock me out for nine or ten.

It really started last Sunday night. I woke up early Monday morning, after what my Fitbit says was seven and a half hours of sleep, and wasn’t tired at all during the day. 

Fast forward to now... 

It’s well past midnight, here, and I’m not tired. I laid in bed for round about an hour before giving up and getting up.

“You can get so much done!” Right. With two sleeping people just down the hall. That’s not going to happen.

I did do something, though. I’ll only mention it, not spending anything more than this link: 
Mystery link (this is not for this blog, but for my other blog)

So, here I am. Middle of the night, not tired, with nothing to do.

Believe it or not, just because those going through a manic episode don’t require much sleep, doesn’t make it healthy. Your body and brain need that time to reset. If you’ve been through a major manic episode, going ten or more days with little sleep, you know what happens. That’s right, folks... Hallucinations! That goes for anyone who keeps themselves awake that long, actually.

I’m tapped out of things to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment