About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Unequal

Parents do not love their children equally. You'll never convince me otherwise.

When I have a problem, and I call my mom, 99.9% of the time I'll be able to talk for no more than two minutes, before I get an overly annoyed, "I don't know what to tell you. I gotta go". 

Mom's older child calls with a problem, and mom listens for as long as it takes, is sympathetic, and gives ideas and advice. Keep in mind, older child loves the sound of her own voice, so this is never less than fifteen minutes.

I pointed this out to mom, just now, and she got ridiculously defensive, and gave me yet another overly annoyed, "Well, I never know what to tell you". Ok... but does that warrant a quick, annoyed cutoff? I'm having a problem, and you don't even try to hear me out? You don't bother to get the details, listen to literally anything I have to say, and you're straight up rude when you cut me off. Nice.

I guess mom will be last on the list of people I call when I have a problem, now. The one person in my biological family who I don't wanna punch in the face, and she's really pushing that line. Jackass always comes first, then princess, then lazy BIL, then her church thingy, then her office friends, then, way down at the very end... me. 

I feel like Dr Gant in ER season three...

Done. I'm just done.

No comments:

Post a Comment