About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Rapid Cycles

Roller coasters are fun, right?

So,  I saw my my med manager last week and she added an antidepressant to my mix. Now, I'm not sure if the meds could already be working or if it's just the end of my normal cycle, but I'm up and down every five minutes. 

I don't know about everyone else, but when I'm coming out of a depression, I cycle ridiculously fast. Not that my cycles are ever particularly long, but this is worse. I've quite literally clocked some of the swings at five minutes each. 

Bad segue in 3... 2... 1...

I'm kind of feeling pressured lately to write these amazing posts that are eye opening and educational. I've had 3 people this week tell me they've been recently diagnosed and are asking for advice. I'm not exactly the great advice giving kind of person. I never have been. So forgive me if my posts suffer for awhile until I get this pressure off me. 

Bad segue in 3... 2... 1...

Does anyone else hate hearing stories of people who function just fine with mental illness, or is that just me? It makes me feel inadequate. Like I should be doing more when I literally can't. It makes me feel bad when I hear that Mr. Smith has Bipolar Disorder but works 60 hours a week at the business he owns and has a wife and  three kids. Especially when my family and friends tell me. Like they're comparing me to these functioning people or telling me I'm not enough. 

Anyway, I'm done for today. Hope everyone is doing great! And if you're not, just remember that there's always sunshine and popsicles after each storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment