About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Public Thanks

I feel like I'm accepting an award with this speech.

I'd like to take a minute and publicly thank all my friends who, at one point or another, stood up to that foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach, Brooke.

In elementary school, I had my little band of friends, and I specifically remember  the time that Kierstin gave Brooke a piece of her mind. It was glorious. I don't remember exactly what she said, but the cockroach backed down pretty quick.

In my first year of junior high, I had a class with the cockroach and two of her newfound followers. They were on my case as usual, when a voice behind me says, "Grow up!" I didn't know her name, nor her mine, but Berkeley would grow to be one of my best and longest friends.

In my second year of junior high, I moved schools to get away from this thing, but alas, it followed me there in the second semester. One time, she had me cornered up against some lockers and was really laying in to me. Then, like the bright light in the darkest night, Michelle comes to my rescue. She even noted how the countenance of the cockroach differed between talking to me and talking to others. 

I know there have been others, but this would be the world's longest post. You know who you are and know that I've never forgotten what you've done for me. 

Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment