About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Titles Are Hard...

So, uh... I spilled soda all over my computer.

Last night was the Dracula of bad nights. It didn't just suck, it sucked the life out of me. And I'm gonna stop the vampire references before the sparkly ones make an appearance.

The tension has been building for awhile and I knew it was coming, but I didn't explode like I usually do. The balloon was punctured, but not it's just kind of slowly releasing. It's different... and weird... and I don't like it. Normally, when I explode, I feel better for a while until it builds up again. This time I feel just as bad as I did yesterday before the peak.

BAH! GAH!! GRR!!!

So I listened to something besides One Direction today. I mentioned Phantogram a couple posts back and they were totally my jam today. There's one song that is everything my mind is screaming at me. Yep... had that one on repeat.

Anyhow... I met with my therapist today. Side note: she's freaking hilarious! She told me how much progress I've made in self awareness. I honestly didn't notice, and yes, I get the irony there. I still have no idea what she means, but I'm kinda ok with that. She also gave me a new technique to release some tension throughout the day and I must say that I'm excited!

I've always been a paper destroyer, rolling, folding, basically killing whatever is in my hands, but apparently that is a good way to release tension. Who knew?! So I'm going to keep a piece of paper with me all day and roll and fold it until it begs for mercy (commence maniacal laughter)!

If you try it, I'd love to know if it works for you!

Celebrating Nothing- Phantogram

No comments:

Post a Comment