About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, December 21, 2014

My Lips Are Sealed

Anyone got a hammer?

If people, especially my family, knew how much I bite my tongue, they'd be shocked. I keep my mouth shut most of the time because, let's face it, my brain wants to be angry way more than I do. The thing is, though, nobody seems to appreciate, or even acknowledge this. They are, however, more than willing to point out and/or escalate the issue.

(I'm kind of overdoing the comma thing today...)

I try my best to not get angry and bite at every little thing. I try to be positive and understanding despite my brain and body screaming at me to "slap the stupid off their face." But no matter how hard I'm trying, I can't hold all of it in. On certain days, much like today, there are just too many annoyances and I can't bite my tongue anymore.

Nobody seems to care that I'm trying all day, every day. From the second I wake up to the second I fall asleep, I am on guard. I'm watching what I say, how I move, what faces I make, and taking incredibly detailed mental notes about how I feel.

Anyway... this should be Utah's theme song.
Hush Hush- Pistol Annies

No comments:

Post a Comment