About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Do Ra Me Fa So La Ti...

"Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak." ~William Congreve

Anyone who knows me, knows I love music so much that it verges on codependent. I'm always listening to something. I've always believed that quote, and usually what I listen to can change my mood or enhance it. When I'm down and want to pull out of it, I can put on Hot Chelle Rae or One Direction (judge me, but it works!), or when I'm bouncing off the walls, Lorde or Haim will do the trick. Not to say they're depressing, it's the beat and melody that do the trick.

Anyhow, I don't know one single person who doesn't have at least one song that they take very personally. A line, verse, chorus, or the whole thing. Well, thanks to having a billion different sides of me, I've got quite a few of those personal songs and I'd like to share parts of some of them.

Breaktown (Hanson)
Are you ready to lose?
Are you ready to win?
Well I've been losing for so long
I can't begin

Unwell (Matchbox 20)
Hold on
Feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown
And I don't know why

[Chorus]

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
I know right now you don't care
But soon enough you're gonna think of me
And how I used to be...me
Iris (Goo Goo Dolls)
And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Let It Go (Idina Menzel from Disney's 'Frozen')
I don't really need to post any lyrics here since I'm pretty sure everyone on the planet knows this by now. But, not to be cliché, this is the song that gave me courage to start this blog and tell people about my illness. Seeing Demi Lovato do this song was inspiring as well.

There are so many more, but I don't want to make this too long and I can talk about music all day. No exaggeration.

"I'm a musician. I can Handel it."

No comments:

Post a Comment