About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Pure Ignorance

There is exactly ZERO excuse for this level of ignorance.

Today, I posted a video explaining some stuff about Tardive Dyskinesia. Most people are chill. One person, whom I will not name, posted this comment: 

*** This person’s comment has since been removed to protect his/her identity, should anyone who follows my Instagram stumble upon it.***





I wasn’t aware that this person knew me, the ins and outs of my unique disorder, and my history. I mean, to give such advice, they must, right?

Let me rip this apart...

“Try not to take too many medications because the side effects really harm the body.” I’m aware, as was stated in the video. 

“Also, medications don’t really cure the disorder, but helps you cope with it.”  Ya think?! If there was a cure for mental illnesses of any kind, do you think we’d choose to be on daily medications all our lives?!

“But only you can dig and go to the core of the problem that triggered it and start healing fully.” Ok, commenter, MD, tell me what causes Bipolar Disorder. Oh... you’re not a doctor. Could have fooled me by your authoritative “knowledge”. Bipolar Disorder is caused by an actual defect in the brain. How am I supposed to simply dig into myself and heal it? 

“Try it sometimes.” How’s about you try something? Try not speaking about things you know exactly nothing about? Try that sometimes.

Comments like this are entirely inappropriate. You don’t know me. You aren’t familiar with me and my disorder. You don’t know what actually works for me. Same goes for me. If something is working for you, I can’t second-guess it. It’s not my place.

A friend of mine came back with this after I ranted to her about all this:




Think before you type.

No comments:

Post a Comment