About Me

I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Mine, Not Yours

Tonight, I’m done arguing.

Recently, I’ve had way too many people telling me what to do, and how to live my life. Everything from friends, to family, to absolute strangers. I’m just done.

What makes you think you have the right to tell me how to be? How to act? What I’m allowed to do? You haven’t lived one single day in my life. You just see snippets. Especially now that everything is online, you don’t see anything more than I intentionally give you. And you think you can make judgements about my entire life based on those glimpses? Who died and made you God?

You don’t know my childhood, you don’t know everything I’ve been through— emotionally, physically, or mentally. You see a post on Facebook about my father, and assume I’m being too hard on him, or something I’ve said about my emotional state, and tell me how to treat the defect in my brain. You. Don’t. Know.

Have you been in my brain? Have you lived 33 years in my house with my family? Have you even bothered to talk to me in the last fifteen years? No. You haven’t.

If you feel like you have a suggestion, that’s great, but don’t you DARE lecture me on things you know exactly zero about! 

How would you like it if I pointed out that your hippie, pot-filled lifestyle was ruining your chances of a good life? Or that vegans don’t live as long, or as healthy, because actual animal meat is an essential part of the human diet? Or how about that you’re just plain wrong for being who you are?

I didn’t ask for your ignorant “advice”. You are not all-knowing. You are not my spiritual leader. Dudes, you’re not even my friends! 

If you can’t butt out of other people’s lives, there’s seriously something wrong with you. Go away. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to be told what to do with their own lives, unless the person saying it is a licensed professional.

Buh-bye.

I will be cutting these toxic people from my life. I will also be off Facebook for a while. I will obviously still post my blogs, but that’s it. I won’t see likes or comments, so I frankly don’t care if you’ve got em.

No comments:

Post a Comment