About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Actions & Reactions

That was not fun.

I told you about my new medication and the struggles that came with. Nothing has changed there, but last week, I found out something the hard way: Seroquel does not mix with prednisone.

Story: I was also blessed with asthma and severe allergies. These two things often make it difficult to breathe. When this happens, my doctor puts me on a few days of prednisone (steroids help calm everything down- contradicting much?). Well, about three hours after my first dose, I got super dizzy and my vision got all blurry. That, for me, is a migraine.

I thought this was just my typical Thursday (migraines are pretty common in my world) and didn't think anything of it. The next couple of days were the same: take pills, get migraine. Four days in a row is abnormal, so I asked my mom (blurry vision... can't read) to read the side effects of Seroquel. She found that it could interact with steroid medications.

Ah-HA!

Now, before you go judging my doctor, I was the one who failed to update my medication list, so he didn't know what I was taking.

I have a nasty habit of not reading those ridiculously long information inserts the pharmaceutical companies put with medications because, well, I'd really rather not know every possible reaction. It gets disturbing. I've learnt my lesson.

Know your medications. Know them so well that you could go one-on-one with the chemists who created them. The more you know, the fewer unnecessary reactions you'll have to endure.

I'm kind of obsessed with this song right now.
"Wait On Me"~ Rixton

1 comment: