About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, June 1, 2015

I'm A Bit Off

I've had a blank post open for four days trying to find something to write about. Right now, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel just to get a post up. I've heard stories about how people stop taking their medications because they feel like the pills destroy who they are. I definitely understand now. My creativity and imagination have stalled and I don't even really want to write anymore. Well, I do, but I don't. Know what I mean? I'm most definitely not myself right now. Here is my best effort today...

Let the adventures begin!

So, I was finally able to get meds. I've been on them for about two weeks now, and I have no idea if they're working or not. Sounds weird, right? I mean, I've been on such a roller coaster for so long that I can't tell if I'm on my way down or if the medication is bringing me down to make things more even.

I'm still in that "body needs to adjust" phase so I'm constantly tired and just basically annoyed that I'm not really me at the moment. The really fun part is when I'm in the middle of something and I suddenly get so tired that I can't function. The recent rise in temperature (88f right now!) isn't helping matters any, either.

I was also lucky enough to get anxiety meds. Now, I've never been on anything for anxiety, so I don't really know much about them, but the one I got is apparently a controlled substance and I only get twenty pills per month. Each pill lasts only six hours. So basically, I have to hide ten solid days each month and can only be out for five or six hours the other days? I don't think so! If anyone knows of something I can take regularly instead of "as needed," please comment below.


"Reflection"~ Christina Aguilera

1 comment:

  1. My understanding is that time is required to optimize meds for each person. I have a friend who was severely injured in a hang glider accident and must take meds to stabilize his neurological system. He requires periodic adjustments in dosage. You have our best wishes and prayers as you go through your adjustment and stabilization of your meds.

    ReplyDelete