About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Daily Road

I hope I'm not kicking myself in the butt here...

Group interviews are the bane of my existence. I've been to a few and every time I get back to my car and practically break down. The whole time, I'm sitting there smiling and pretending to have an ounce of confidence while attempting to keep my breathing in check and mentally willing my heart to keep some sort of regular rhythm.

Not to say that interviews aren't a condoned form of torture in general, but for anyone with anxiety, they're pure hell. Add the group aspect and not even a heavy dose of Xanax can help.

I seem to have an incredible knack for making people believe that all is well when all I really want to do is scream and pace. This comes in handy on occasion (like when I do a group interview for a job that I really want!), but it doesn't really help when I'm trying to convince a psychologist that I'm really dying inside.

The socially accepted sadism happened five hours ago and I'm still trying to get out my anxious energy. Ok, the interviewers were really nice and kept the pressure to a minimum, but the whole social anxiety thing always takes over. It even takes over when I have to go out to my therapist's office.

I lost track of my point... SO! Releasing anxious energy... I've always been fidgety, but when I'm trying to hold it together, I try to sit still, but it always comes out my hands or feet. I tend to tap my foot or wring my hands. When I interviewed for my last job at the school, when I walked out, my hands were bright red and incredibly sore. In public places, I usually just hold on to my worry stone, but at an interview, it would look really bad. 

I'm having a freakishly hard time finding a song to go along with this topic, so you get this...

"Every Road"~ The Maine


1 comment:

  1. If it is any consolation, you have a quick mind and a considerate personality, per my experiences with you in group situations. You are probably seen more positively than you think.

    ReplyDelete